Frequently Asked Questions
Q. WHAT IS A HOME INSPECTION?
Q. WHAT DOES A HOME INSPECTION REPORT INCLUDE?
A. The inspection report is divided into 9 sections:
- Foundation, Basement and Structure
- Exterior -Siding, Windows, Doors, and Other Elements
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Central Heating System
- Air Conditioning System
- Interior - Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Windows, & Doors
- Kitchen Appliances.
- Items covered in the report are identified as satisfactory or unsatisfactory. Items identified as unsatisfactory and in need of further evaluation and repair are listed in the body of the report and in the summary. Digital pictures are provided. The report is intended to provide the prospective home buyer with a clear understanding of the condition of the home.
- Reports are available on the day after the inspection is performed.
Q. WHY SHOULD I HAVE A HOME INSPECTION?
Q. WHY HIRE A HOME INSPECTOR WHO USES DRONE TECHNOLOGY?
A. Our drone provides high-quality pictures of areas that are not easily accessible. Using the drone to take aerial photographs creates inspection processes that are more efficient, thorough and informative. The images we capture with the drone are usually unobtainable by traditional means and thus show the home in a different light. Your inspection report includes detailed comments and pictures as a result of drone technology.
Q. WHY IS A RADON TEST IMPORTANT?
Q. HOW LONG DOES AN INSPECTION TAKE?
Q. HOW MUCH DOES A HOME INSPECTION COST?
Q. SHOULD I BE PRESENT FOR THE INSPECTION?
Q. WHAT IF THE REPORT REVEALS PROBLEMS?
Q. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR MY HOUSE TO FAIL AN INSPECTION?
Q. HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DO I NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?